JOB TITLE: Dispatch Manager
- JOB SUMMARY: A phrase or two that summarizes the position. Briefly explain what the purpose of the job and/or its main function.
The Dispatch Manager satisfies customer needs by efficiently coordinating deliveries of ready mixed concrete, by efficiently utilizing delivery labor and equipment and accurately planning the daily schedule. They ensure compliance with Delivery Professional hours-of-service regulations and build customer relationships and trust through honesty and integrity. Team Member needs are balanced with the need to take care of customers whenever possible, but ensuring good customer service is the Dispatch Manager’s primary focus.
- SPECIFIC DUTIES: Group work performed into tasks that denote what is done.
Coordinate order schedule to maximize efficiency of loads on a daily basis.
Lead the customer service representatives in executing the current day’s orders.
Provide information to peers to ensure daily tasks are communicated properly.
Answer customer service calls and assist order-taking.
Check to ensure all information is accurate in the orders being delivered.
Set up a schedule for orders for following days.
Create a driver call-out schedule for first round deliveries.
Communicate with sales and operations personnel concerning the customer deliveries.
Work with sales to make sure projects and accounts stay current, assure accurate mixes are entered and any billing questions are handled immediately.
Check emails and respond accordingly.
- SECONDARY DUTIES: List tasks performed regularly at stated periods of time such as weekly or monthly.
Review recorded telephone calls as needed for quality assurance and/or training purposes.
Correct issues in future orders.
Assist plant managers in scheduling safety meetings.
Work with operations and maintenance managers to make sure equipment is available for preventative maintenance.
Assist in training new customer service representatives as needed.
- OCCASIONAL DUTIES: List tasks performed at irregular intervals such as duties that are special or annual projects, or relief in nature.
Provide redundancy for customer service representatives and shipper.
Provide redundancy for completion of operational KPI’s.
Review and provide input on incentive targets for customer service department team members.
- SUPERVISORY DUTIES: List positions which report to this position whether directly or indirectly through specific tasks.
Customer service representatives
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS: List specific requirements of job in each category.
High School Diploma
3 to 5 years of ready mix concrete dispatching and shipping.
- Technical Skills:
Must be computer literate and comfortable with Excel. Exposure to Command Alkon a plus.
- Non-Technical Skills:
Customer service, multi-tasking and common sense
- Communication Skills:
Comfortable on the telephone – must be polite and have good phone etiquette.
Disseminate information efficiently and effectively.
- Hours of Work:
50 to 60 hours per week.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
Standing | Less than 25%
Walk | Less than 25%
Sitting | More than 75%
Talk or Hear | More than 75%
Using hands | More than 75%
Climb | Less than 25%
Stoop | Less than 25%
Reach | Less than 25%
Lift 10 lbs or more | Less than 25%
Does this job have any special vision requirements?
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)