A leader in the Architecture Precast Industry, is looking to add a Drafting and Engineering Manager to their Coordination/Detailing/Engineering Team in Fremont. In this role you'll be helping to lead a growing team of Project Managers and Project Engineers coordinating, designing, and detailing panelized skin systems. You'll also be responsible for implementing and maintaining a Company Standards library. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter to get their foot in the door of a great company with tons of room for growth and learning.
Required skills and experience:
- You are proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2012 and 3D modeling.
- Revit experience a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot AutoCAD issues
- Ability to read & interpret construction plans and specs
- Strong multi tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree Civil Engineering preferred (PE a plus)
- Most important: You are responsible, eager to learn, and not afraid to ask questions. You have a sense of urgency and drive to succeed.
- 10+ years Precast Concrete experience
What We Provide You...
Client values its employees' contributions and believes strongly in promoting from within. We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(K), paid time off and holidays and more. The salary range for this position is open depending on qualifications. In addition, we offer the opportunity to work with a phenomenal and elite group of individuals.
CONTACT: Gene Vineyard
877-5 WIN WIN (877-594-6946)
The individual in this position is responsible for all aspects of precast concrete manufacturing with the exception of the QA, Batch Plant and Delivery teams. This includes the development of operating plans and department goals as well as the “hands on” coaching, mentoring and performance management of associates in Production, the Yard, Maintenance, Garage, Carpenter Shop and Rebar Facility. The Manager - Production has ultimate responsibility for safety, quality and productivity within these teams, as well as all work performed by these teams at job sites. This individual is also involved in proactively reviewing incoming and managing ongoing projects, working with Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers to complete all work in the safest and most efficient manner possible. All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with a complete adherence and commitment to the Company’s Philosophy Statement and Vision Statement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach, mentor and manage performance of individual team members, including a small team of front line supervisors, to ensure the highest levels of safety, quality and productivity in these departments. Lead and develop by setting clear expectations and holding individuals accountable for performance. Recognize success and immediately address performance issues.
- Be proactive in improving the safety of the work environment for all associates, leading by example, developing/communicating safe operating procedures and enforcing the use of safe work methods (i.e. proper personal protective equipment, machine guards on tools, etc). Stay abreast of all applicable Federal and State regulations.
- Identify training needs for all associates, from new or less experienced associates to Team Leaders and Supervisors. Conduct and/or facilitate formal and informal training. Ensure that ongoing training is provided regarding hazards in the workplace and all safety and health procedures.
- Ensure that all associates understand the procedure for reporting safety and health incidents, including near misses, and that all incidents are reported, documented and investigated. Identify trends that may indicate unsafe work procedures or other types of hazards in the work environment.
- Establish department goals that align with and ensure achievement of company goals.
- Seek continuous improvement in the manufacturing process. Develop and implement procedures to improve safety, quality and productivity. Ensure consistent adherence to all procedures and quality standards in all production buildings.
- Prepare the annual operating plan for all departments except QA, Batch Plant and Delivery, recommending and justifying capital expenditures both short term and long term. Review monthly financial statements for all departments and work to manage within or below the operating plan.
- Review production cost reports in a timely manner, comparing estimated to actual expenditures on a project specific basis. Make recommendations to the estimating department or changes to the production process as necessary.
- Actively participate, along with other members of the Fort Miller team, in pre-bid and ongoing meetings with owners, contractors and consultants to discuss upcoming projects. Provide input during these meetings on design feasibility, making suggestions and recommendations based on the project design, time line, and/or project constraints.
- Thoroughly review projects before they hit the shop floor, proactively identifying any production issues that may arise, additional materials that may be required, etc. This involves working closely with other department managers, purchasing and members of the production, maintenance, carpenter and/or rebar teams.
- Work closely with the Engineering Department on existing projects to resolve design and production issues, ensuring compliance with project specifications in the event that changes are made.
- Ensure that the facility is clean and well organized following the principles of 5S.
- Carry out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with our Philosophy Statement, company policies and applicable laws. Provide guidance and effective counseling to associates in the work environment, consulting with the President and the VP - HR on more complex issues.
- Any other duties as may be required to enhance the goals and objectives of The Fort Miller Co., Inc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology. MBA preferred.
- Professional Engineer license preferred.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills, including 3-5 years in a management position.
- Precast concrete knowledge, including product forming, pouring, curing, handling, storage and shipping. Pre-stress manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret complex contract plans and shop drawings.
- Strong communication skills, including oral presentation and writing skills.
- Interface seamlessly with peer managers to identify opportunities for improvement, resolve issues, etc.
- Ability to be open, honest and consistent with others and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. The ability to practice active listening.
- Excellent decision making skills, including the ability to make decisions on complex issues with limited information.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in an environment with constant interruptions.
- Excellent mathematical skills and the ability to perform engineering calculations.
- Ability to work closely with individuals within and outside the Company.
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust (including silica dust), fumes and chemicals such as form oil, grease, coal tar pitch and related petroleum products.
- Ability to hear with a high level of background noise (i.e. cranes, trucks).
- Visual acuity at short and long distances as well as good peripheral vision and depth perception (to perceive distance of moving objects, such as cranes and vehicles).
- Ability to perform moderate physical work, lifting and carrying weights of up to 25 lbs. regularly and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to access equipment at various levels by reaching or climbing a ladder.
- Ability to support oneself in an erect position and sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures associated with the outdoors.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel to satellite facilities. Travel requirement is less than 10%.
- Manage from the production floor, regularly visiting all work centers and being intimate with the manufacturing process. Take care of routine matters, such as paperwork, during non-production hours.
- Be present when production is taking place, including on weekends and early morning hours as necessary. Time commitment may average 50 hours or more per week at busy times.
- Approach the position with a sense of urgency, passion and a commitment to be the best.
- Lead change and collaboration. Motivate the team by being a positive, encouraging champion for continuous improvement and cost saving manufacturing initiatives.
- Act as a culture carrier for the Company, leading by example, treating others with dignity, respect and fairness and always managing within the context of the Philosophy Statement.
- Spend the time required to coach, mentor and teach direct reports and shop floor associates, helping them reach beyond their perceived potential.
CONTACT: Gene Vineyard
877-5 WIN WIN (877-594-6946)